I have created a soundcloud of my question 4. The link will be below, however I have also attached the script I used.


Throughout this process, myself and Lotty have used a range of different technologies to create our finished products. We have had to learn to use new software’s to make adaptations throughout the process so we could make them more visually appealing and fit to the codes and conventions of dance music posters, digipaks and videos. One software which we used a lot throughout the process but had to learn from scratch to use was Abode photoshop CS6. An example where we had used this software was when making the Digipak. we wanted to include our own images within our products, so we decided to layer the photos within the texted we used. We decided this as we wanted to connect with our target audience more as they might have experienced similar situations and could relate.

in addition, when researching into other dance music digipaks such as Wilkinsons afterglow digipak, photos layered within text was a popular convention. To do this however, I had to watch multiple Youtube tutorials to learn the steps on how to apply this special effect.

We also had to use this software to help empathise the paint explosion effect which Is a common feature within the poster and the Digipak. To do this I had to understand the different types of brush effects within adobe Photoshop and which one was best to successfully do this effect. Again, we had to use Youtube to help us gain a better understanding of how to do this as it was a helpful visual guide. After finding out the information we needed, we discovered that a size 60 brush would be best for this effect due to the font size we was working with. However, it was not as easy as the tutorials made it out to be. This is because when doing the first trial, the brush effect was to dark and was not making the words look like they were exploding out of the paint. Therefore, I then had to change the opacity of the brush to therefore make it lighter and softer on the text so it faded more into the paint.

Another time I had to use this software was when photo shopping the record labels logo. When creating the digipak I did not want the white background from the logo picture on the digipak as it did not look professional and realistic. Therefore, I had to teach myself to take the background away as there was no tutorials online so this was done through a trial and error way.

A feature we used within our digipak is a mosaic style photo which is created of all the images myself and my partner took while we were on holiday. We did this by using a software called pro mosaic that was available on the apple app store. To do this, we had to select one main photo we wanted all the tiny photos to create. As, our genre was dance music, we decided to use our own photo of festival ravers with their hands in the air to create connotations of letting yourself go and freedom. We overall decided to use this mosaic style photography for the digipak as we thought it had a unique style and we thought it would be eye catching to our target audience. Furthermore, it also acts, as a jigsaw connecting all the different memories from the holiday and the festival together therefore it is reflective.

Another software we used was adobe premiere pro CS6 to create the words till the day I die with the moving footage within the lettering. We decided to do this because we felt it would be more effective than us just lip syncing to the music. Furthermore, it helped keep our music video fast paced due to the lettering popping up quickly and suddenly on the screen. For this we also had to follow a youtube tutorial as the process was complicated and time consuming. In addition to this, we had to keep going onto the software to re adjust the text size so it showed enough of the footage moving within it else it was not clear.

We decided to use imovie as we had used it before for previous projects and it was a self-explanatory software. However, it was not as easy as we thought it was going to be, due to the software saying that we had corrupt files. This became a problem as we could not save it or upload it to youtube. Myself and lotty had to then research ways we could transfer it over to another computer. Our only result was to use a Mac hard drive, however this did not work so we still faced this big problem. Our only other option was to go to the ICT technicians and they could not suggest anything we had not already tried. Our only option was to try to record it on quicktime which is an installation on Macs but this did not work as our music video glitched due to imovie crashing. So, we had to record it on one of our phones using a tripod.

We both also have used WordPress which is the software we use to create our blogs. As we have used this software since year 12, we now find it easier to use as we know shortcuts for uploading photos such as being able to drag and drop files onto posts so it is less time consuming.